500 days of Summer...
Absolutely beautiful movie, from the art filled improvisations and quirky ways of storytelling...be it through multiple screens of reality and fantasy, random outburst of dances and song, the non chronological method of telling a "love story", even the illustrations of sketches and little inputs of animation create a surreal almost scrapbook outlook throughout the movie. It was as though you were reading some guy's diary and his inner thoughts. It is very subjective, his views on LOve and finding out his heart is broken.
I found it very REAL and innovative. Usually when you watch a typical Hollywood love story, there will always be two statuesque people riding off into the sunset...but this movie was refreshing!It involves two very relatable individuals finding happiness in Love. Very inspiring, and although technically NOT a love story - it did the deed, it gave me the same satisfaction! Loved it. Joseph Gordon Levitt and Zooey was spectacular! I think those two are perfect one screen as a couple...they have this similar postmodern coolness, uniquely geekish and artsy vibe which blended with the whole direction of the movie and the development of the quirky & cute characters.
I adore the soundtrack!!*they have good taste ;)* Especially with the added The Smiths songs! :) great choice. Tom totally reminds me of myself...its uncanny. hehe.
This movie somehow reminded me of Garden State. one of my all time fav movies...and The Last Kiss. ;) but a lil more drawings incorporated, surrealism in the combination of scenes (because it is happening in a person's mind - therefore doesn't make complete sense) and ditigal artwork displayed. All in all, I really wanna watch it again!! sweet and heartbreaking at the same time. go watch it!
.............................
besides the movie fanaticism... ;) I have been soo busy with work and assignments pilling up on me as usual...But i love the classes I'm in! I find them interesting and I've definitely learnt a lot from the lecturers...studying here in the Fall has been exciting and beautiful. (leaves and trees all auburn) its a sight! Although the chilly wind might change my mind and as the trees slowly lose their color and leaves I remind myself of Winter...when things die and decay and turn cold.
Poetry class always relates death to winter or sadness/lost/loneliness to the bitter cold. ahah. guess I shouldn't have S.A.D. - seasonal affective disorder due to the seasons right?? anyways, things are good here. I'm settling down again fine and I've met really incredible people and some not so great ones (if you get my drift) some totally snobby characters and "tools" which do not amuse me. but I guess your typical american stereotypes pop up so often...and remind you "why am I here in this land full of narrisistic, weed smoking, Abercrombie and sweatshirt clothed, rude, unintelligent, beer drinking, cussing, valley girls and meatheads?" haha. *no offense* but...really. sometimes I can't help but think that. but who am I to judge?? I may be worse off. who knows? But most of the time...the people I've met are wonderful! :) and not at all the type of Americans portrayed on TV or the movies. (they have a bad reputation for that) my friends here are amazing people!!
Life gives you lemons, you make lemonades... :) I learn to use what I have to make the best of my student life in USA. It ain't easy all the time...and as you grow and mature through experience...like myself, I find it easier to find where I belong or the person I truly am. I really don't know 100% what I'm gonna "become" after graduation or with my degree... but I know I have people who love me and that's all that matters!
Halloween is in a week!! woot! myt first halloween experience... :D
Peace, Adeline
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment