Taken on my campus grounds when it was foggy My 2nd Week is over in U of O…
What has been on my schedule for the last one week? Well, today is Martin Luther King Day!! So it’s a holiday. Which is always great to have…but its so quiet here on campus, the buildings and cafés are all closed and the main office is so eerie because no one works there today. It’s nice waking up late at around 12pm! And I had an awesome Brunch just at my lobby (which is buffet style btw)
At a thai restaurant called "Ta Ra Rin" in downtown Eugene
With Rebbecca the only Malaysian girl I found in UO - there are only 4 Malaysians btw! The food is great but after a while I kinda get sick of eating tons of beef/tuna/salami sandwiches and sausages or burritos. Haha. American food can get a little boring after consuming it for the past 2 weeks. There are only 3 dorm hall dinning choices here on campus, which are actually reasonably big. I run on meal points every week, and it’s only applicable at those venues…hence lack of choices.

With two friends Chris and Tiffany (havin a ball)

This is what I call a student house... Oregon spirit.

Gals just wanna have fun!!

Hilary and Me :)
So far I’ve been good, settling down a lot better but I do miss my family, friends and of course the “happening” life of someone who lives in KL! I miss having anything open at 8pm and late night mamak sessions. But…I will soon adapt in time to come. I did a couple of things this week…I went out with friends for dinner at a Thai restaurant, had ice cream late hours, watched a movie together, shopped a little, went to a friend’s house party, played board games like “Are you smarter than a 5th Grader” (which I was pretty horrible at because I didn’t know a couple of American based questions and their history!) – that is what you get from learning things in Malay and about only Malaysia in school. I went roller skating at Skate World

At Skate World with the BD girl! Ashley! :) -- theme: 80s BABY!
The breakfast club! XD-peace and love.
Me and heather
MY ROOMIE! Emily castillo from New Mexico. - oOo it rhymes.
and watch THE DUCKS play against Washington State University at our stadium! (which was exhilarating and soo…fun!) Can’t wait for the Football session now…
Before the game! all pumped up and ready to kick some Cougar butt! XD 
Our cute mascot - Duck power!
.

Tony, Alexi, and moi - "Go Green, Yell-Oh!"

Free throw - "Spirit Fingers" -this is what we do when our team is about to shoot.

Ducks Rock! Notice our matching O face tats!
All in all, life is good…assignments are pilling up and my mid terms are due soon. Been taking a couple of extra curricular activities like dance and ceramics as well as drawing classes *to nurture and cultivate my creativeness and love for art* Things are looking up, although it’s getting colder each day and sometimes the sun sets a lot earlier than 4pm, I’m hanging in there…making the most of my blessings and providence from God. It’s been an eye opening and new found adventure for me, independent living isn’t easy…but I won’t complain and just learn for myself what it takes to live alone and without your family to constantly lean back on. I went to a few awesome Christian groups like “Inter varsity Oregon” and “Campus Crusades for Christ” and visited First Baptist Eugene two days ago – huge church with over 2 thousand members. 
First Baptist Church front entrance
Till next time, I’ll have my lovely hot coco before I go to bed with a sprinkle of marshmallows to warm up my body throughout this chilly night.
I need a good old 'NASI LEMAK'! haha. XD
Take care, Love you all!!
Adeline…
No comments:
Post a Comment