Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My life has stood...

It is already week 7 in my long adventure overseas in the new Oregonian environment, in my dorm room, walking to my classes on campus, having to take the public bus once in a while and spending 7 dollars on one movie ticket etc etc…


But there has been hard at times, and extremely joyous, experiencing dramatic moody weather or some days awesome cordial light shinning through. Everyday is a mystery, everyday is different and I found that makes me feel alive.

The past one week I’ve been having laptop issues, viruses you name it, spent at least 5 hours in the IT department building fixing my computer and it wasn’t fun…

I think times that are hard just come together with splendid times like a sandwich, one layer has the cheese *which tastes awesome*, then the mayo *which isn’t good for you* - like bad situations, and the tomato *which is healthy* - the good moments, and so on. Haha. (That was a silly metaphor)

Anyways, I was saying…living here “alone” can be pretty interesting. You have so many new opportunities, different people and their lives, technically no responsibilties besides my college work, having “me time”, drinking hot tea and having a bagel in the morning before class, walking along pine trees that are just mesmerizing everyday from different angles…just the novelty of it makes it blissful and not knowing who you’ll bump into the following day is exciting at times.


Life in Oregon I admit is slow and quiet, but I think I’m beginning to understand that. To except the pace and maybe to adapt (although the food maybe needs a little work) XD

Today I went for my painting class and it was so rejuvenating and enlightening.

The craft center is my little “serene village” of music and art…seriously, the place I go to whenever I’m stressed out or uneasy. It helps me take my mind off worries or troubles and illustrate that into art pieces (or they try to seem like it) hehe.

Today I received a smile from a complete stranger and a short very fascinating conversation with another stranger and later a free hot cup of coco over lunch. Everything is without cell phones constantly ringing away, appointments more than 5 miles away, cars and their traffic – it seems almost calm. (Beside the “wild” parties and nights) haha jk.


I’m not trying to paint a pretty picture of my life here, I’m just laying the facts…you are gonna miss tons of things back home (trust me; I miss the stupidest things sometimes!) – which is definitely not family and friends *love you guys*, but I think that you should see your “browner” grass as a ground for starting over and planting new flowers or trees, not just plain old green grass! (Am I making any sense?) hehe.

- Plus, I can wear boots here and not look like a complete fashion disaster or having a L.O.A problem. Love boots! (I know it’s so random and out of topic) but I just had to blurt that out. XD

- Going for Indian food outside of campus today and later watching the university Jazz band perform *wink*.

Valentines Day is coming soon! *some single gals call it "single awareness day" some say "depressed wanna die" day...haha. but i love it! :)


I’ll end with a quote I live by each day:


"A girl must be two things: classy and fabulous" Coco Chanel


My peeps


In puzzlement


being Fabtastic! ;)

No comments: